Everything you’ll need to learn advanced pediatric assessment in one handy and affordable set!
This set delivers the specialized knowledge and skills for pediatric health and illness assessment alongside corresponding critical thinking exercises, case studies, and certification-style exam questions. Comprehensive and detailed, it emphasizes the unique anatomic and physiologic differences among infants, children, and adults. The textbook, now in FOUR-COLOR, newly addresses toxic stress and trauma-informed care and child witnesses to violent acts. Additionally, the book provides several new features facilitating quick access to key information along with NEW instructor and student resources. The study guide delivers a completely new chapter that covers clinical decision-making, formulating differential diagnoses, and evidence-based practice and also provides SOAP notes for the well and abnormal exams.
New to the Third Edition:
- All new FOUR-COLOR presentation in the textbook
- NEW instructor resources (Power Points, Test Bank, Image Bank)
- Updated clinical practice guidelines
- Clinical decision making, formulating differential diagnoses, and evidence-based practice
- Immigrant and refugee health
- Toxic stress and trauma-informed care
- Family, developmental, nutritional, and child mistreatment assessment
- Includes clinical practice guidelines for common medical conditions
- Incorporates up-to-date screening and health promotion guidelines
- Provides exam-style essential practice items for the exam
- Includes Anatomic Labeling Exercises to reinforce required knowledge
- Delivers essential terminology
- Offers sample documentation and space for students to practice their own documentation skills.