Over 60 hands-on recipes to help you master the power of Delphi for cross-platform and mobile development on multiple platforms
About This Book
* Get to grips with Delphi to build and deploy various cross-platform applications
* Design, develop, and deploy real-world applications by implementing a single source codebase
* This swift guide will increase your productivity to develop applications with Delphi
Who This Book Is For
If you are an intermediate developer with a basic knowledge of Delphi and you want to develop cross-platform applications, then this book is for you. Familiarity with the fundamentals of RAD (Rapid Application Development) Studio is expected.
What You Will Learn
* Develop visually stunning applications using FireMonkey
* Deploy LiveBinding effectively with the right OOP approach
* Create server-side programs to serve RESTful web services and provide data to your mobile apps
* Use well-defined GUI design patterns to build mobile applications that provide a great user experience
* Build mobile apps that read data from a remote server efficiently
* Call the platform native API on Android and iOS even for an unpublished API
* Manage software customization for your customer by making better use of an extended RTTI
* Implement the most popular design pattern without wasting too much time on debugging and bug fixing
Delphi is a cross-platform Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that supports rapid application development for Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X, Google Android, and Apple iOS. It helps you to concentrate on the real business and save yourself the pain of wandering amid GUI widget details, or having to tackle inter-platform incompatibilities. It also has a wide range of drag-and-drop controls, helping you code your business logic into your business model, and it compiles natively for desktop and mobile platforms.
This book will teach you how to design and develop applications, deploy them on the cloud platform, and distribute them within an organization via Google Play and other similar platforms.
You will begin with the basics of Delphi and get acquainted with JSON format strings, XSLT transformations, unicode encodings and various types of streams. We then move on to more advanced topics such as developing higher-order functions and using enumerators and RTTI. You will get an understanding of how Delphi RTL functions and how to use FireMonkey in a VCL application. We will then cover topics such as multithreading, using the parallel programming library and putting Delphi on a server. We will also take a look at the new feature of WebBroker Apache modules and then ride the mobile revolution with FireMonkey.
By the end of the book, you will be able to develop and deploy cross-platform applications using Delphi.
Style and approach
Delphi Cookbook is an easy-to-follow guide, rich with hands-on examples of real-world programming tasks in Delphi.