How 5G technology can support the demands of multiple vertical industries
Recent advances in technologyhave created new vertical industries that are highly dependent on the availability and reliability of data between multiple locations. The 5G system, unlike previous generations, will be entirely data driven--addressing latency, resilience, connection density, coverage area, and other vertical industry criteria. Enabling 5G Communication Systems to Support Vertical Industries demonstrates how 5G communication systems can meet the needs unique to vertical industries for efficient, cost-effective delivery of service. Covering both theory and practice, this book explores solutions to problems in specific industrial sectors including smart transportation, smart agriculture, smart grid, environmental monitoring, and disaster management.
The 5G communication system will have to provide customized solutions to accommodate each vertical industry’s specific requirements. Whether an industry practitioner designingthe next generation of wireless communications or a researcher needing to identify open issues and classify their research, this timely book:
- Covers the much-discussed topics of supporting multiple vertical industries and new ICT challenges
- Addresses emerging issues and real-world problems surrounding 5G technology in wireless communication and networking
- Explores a comprehensive array of essential topics such as connected health, smart transport, smart manufacturing, and more
- Presents important topics in a clear, concise style suitable for new learners and professionals alike
- Includes contributions from experts and industry leaders, system diagrams, charts, tables, and examples
Enabling 5G Communication Systems to Support Vertical Industries is a valuable resource telecom engineers industry professionals, researchers, professors, doctorate, and postgraduate students requiring up-to-date information on supporting vertical industries with 5G technology systems.