Engineering technicians use the principles and theories of science, engineering, and mathematics to solve technical problems in research and development, manufacturing, sales, construction, inspection, and maintenance. Their work is more narrowly focused and application-oriented than that of scientists and engineers. Many engineering technicians assist engineers and scientists, especially in research and development. Others work in quality control, inspecting products and processes, conducting tests, or collecting data. In manufacturing, they may assist in product design, development, or production.
This book gives you good solid advice and great strategies for getting interviews and landing the job as Engineering Technician.
To Prepare for the Job this book tells you:
- The training and education needed
- Expected job prospects
- The job's activities and responsibilities
- Working conditions
To Land the Job, it gives you the hands-on and how-to's insight on:
- Finding Opportunities - the best places to find them
- Writing Unbeatable Resumes and Cover Letters
- Acing the Interview
- What to Expect From Recruiters
- How employers hunt for Job-hunters.... and More
This book offers excellent, insightful advice for everyone from entry level to senior professionals. None of the other such career guides compare with this one. It stands out because it:
1. Explains how the people doing the hiring think, so that you can win them over on paper and then in your interview;
2. Is filled with useful cheat and work -sheets;
3. Explains every step of the job-hunting process - from little known ways for finding openings to getting ahead on the job.
This book covers everything. Whether you are trying to get your first Job or move up in the system, get this book.