The must-have resource for media selling in today’s technology-driven environment
The revised and updated fifth edition of Media Selling is an essential guide to our technology-driven, programmatic, micro-targeted, mobile, multi-channel media ecosystem. Today, digital advertising has surpassed television as the number-one ad investment platform, and Google and Facebook dominate the digital advertising marketplace. The authors highlight the new sales processes and approaches that will give media salespeople a leg up on the competition in our post-Internet media era.
The book explores the automated programmatic buying and selling of digital ad inventory that is disrupting both media buyers and media salespeople. In addition to information on disruptive technologies in media sales, the book explores sales ethics, communication theory and listening, emotional intelligence, creating value, the principles of persuasion, sales stage management guides, and sample in-person, phone, and email sales scripts. Media Selling offers media sellers a customer-first and problem-solving sales approach. The updated fifth edition:
- Contains insight from digital experts into how 82.5% of digital ad inventory is bought and sold programmatically
- Reveals how to conduct research on Google Analytics
- Identifies how media salespeople can offer cross-platform and multi-channel solutions to prospects’ advertising and marketing challenge
- Includes insights into selling and distribution of podcasts
- Includes links to downloadable case studies, presentations, and planners on the Media Selling website
- Includes an extensive Glossary of Digital Advertising terms
Written for students in communications, radio-TV, and mass communication, Media Selling is the classic work in the field. The updated edition provides an indispensable tool for learning, training, and mastering sales techniques for digital media.