Perfect for radiation oncologists, medical physicists, and residents in both fields, Practical Radiation Oncology Physics provides a concise and practical summary of the current practice standards in therapeutic medical physics. A companion to the fourth edition of Clinical Radiation Oncology, by Drs. Leonard Gunderson and Joel Tepper, this indispensable guide helps you ensure a current, state-of-the art clinical practice.
- Covers key topics such as relative and in-vivo dosimetry, imaging and clinical imaging, stereotactic body radiation therapy, and brachytherapy.
- Describes technical aspects and patient-related aspects of current clinical practice.
- Offers key practice guideline recommendations from professional societies throughout — including AAPM, ASTRO, ABS, ACR, IAEA, and others.
- Includes therapeutic applications of x-rays, gamma rays, electron and charged particle beams, neutrons, and radiation from sealed radionuclide sources, plus the equipment associated with their production, use, measurement, and evaluation.
- Features a "For the Physician" box in each chapter, which summarizes the key points with the most impact on the quality and safety of patient care.
- Provides a user-friendly appendix with annotated compilations of all relevant recommendation documents.
- Medicine eBook is accessible on a variety of devices.