Running a Restaurant For Dummies (9781119605454) was previously published as Running a Restaurant For Dummies (9781118027929). While this version features a new Dummies cover and design, the content is the same as the prior release and should not be considered a new or updated product.
The easy way to successfully run a profitable restaurant
Millions of Americans dream of owning and running their own restaurant -- because they want to be their own boss, because their cooking always draws raves, or just because they love food. Running a Restaurant For Dummies covers every aspect of getting started for aspiring restaurateurs. From setting up a business plan and finding financing, to designing a menu and dining room, you'll find all the advice you need to start and run a successful restaurant.
Even if you don't know anything about cooking or running a business, you might still have a great idea for a restaurant -- and this handy guide will show you how to make your dream a reality. If you already own a restaurant, but want to see it get more successful, Running a Restaurant For Dummies offers unbeatable tips and advice for bringing in hungry customers. From start to finish, you'll learn everything you need to know to succeed.
- New information on designing, re-designing, and equipping a restaurant with all the essentials--from the back of the house to the front of the house
- Determining whether to rent or buy restaurant property
- Updated information on setting up a bar and managing the wine list
- Profitable pointers on improving the bottom line
- The latest and greatest marketing and publicity options in a social-media world
- Managing and retaining key staff
- New and updated information on menu creation and the implementation of Federal labeling (when applicable), as well as infusing local, healthy, alternative cuisine to menu planning
Running a Restaurant For Dummies gives you the scoop on the latest trends that chefs and restaurant operators can implement in their new or existing restaurants.