A hands-on introduction to advanced applications of power system transients with practical examples
Transient Analysis of Power Systems: A Practical Approach offers an authoritative guide to the traditional capabilities and the new software and hardware approaches that can be used to carry out transient studies and make possible new and more complex research. The book explores a wide range of topics from an introduction to the subject to a review of the many advanced applications, involving the creation of custom-made models and tools and the application of multicore environments for advanced studies.
The authors cover the general aspects of the transient analysis such as modelling guidelines, solution techniques and capabilities of a transient tool. The book also explores the usual application of a transient tool including over-voltages, power quality studies and simulation of power electronics devices. In addition, it contains an introduction to the transient analysis using the ATP. All the studies are supported by practical examples and simulation results. This important book:
- Summarises modelling guidelines and solution techniques used in transient analysis of power systems
- Provides a collection of practical examples with a detailed introduction and a discussion of results
- Includes a collection of case studies that illustrate how a simulation tool can be used for building environments that can be applied to both analysis and design of power systems
- Offers guidelines for building custom-made models and libraries of modules, supported by some practical examples
- Facilitates application of a transients tool to fields hardly covered with other time-domain simulation tools
- Includes a companion website with data (input) files of examples presented, case studies and power point presentations used to support cases studies
Written for EMTP users, electrical engineers, Transient Analysis of Power Systems is a hands-on and practical guide to advanced applications of power system transients that includes a range of practical examples.