THE GOOD PAPER is a handbook for students in higher education programmes who are writing BA dissertations, master s theses, project reports, research papers or other essays.
If you would like to learn more about the fundamentals of paper-writing, then use the guiding principles set forth in THE GOOD PAPER:
- What are you asking? The paper s research question (formulation of the problem)
- Why are you asking it? The purpose/aim of the paper - e.g., its use
- Where do you find your answer? The empirical basis, material, data, phenomena behind the paper
- What do you use to get the answer? The tools of the paper: Philosophy of science, theory, concepts, methods
- How are you asking the question? The paper s procedure, approach
Learn more about
- structure and elements
- using theory of knowledge
- information searches and referencing
- academic writing
- writing processes
before you go to a supervisor or the library. And before you submit your article!
THE GOOD PAPER, now in its 2nd edition, has been continuously revised and updated since 1997. It was written by experts on academic writing, study skills, information searches, and philosophy of science. It is filled with examples from good papers and has question sheets with activities to help you on your way toward writing a good paper. All the question sheets and activities may be downloaded from tgp.samfundslitteratur.dk