Taekwondo Basics teaches you all the fundamentals of this Korean martial art form in a clear and easy-to-understand manner!
This basic introductory survey contains the following vital information:
- The origins, philosophy, and history of Taekwondo
- How to find a teacher and a class that are right for you
- Getting ready for your first class—what actually happens in a Taekwondo class?
- The essential elements—stances, blocks, hand and arm strikes, and kicks
- How to complement your Taekwondo training with other conditioning exercises, such as running and biking
- Powerful ways to improve your technique through target training, partner training, competitive training, free-sparring, and more
- Resources that can help you further develop your Taekwondo practice
Whether you're just getting started, or you've already been training for a year or two, Taekwondo Basics offers an easy to read, yet comprehensive, introduction to the sport.